[agents] PhD or postdoc position in BDI agents in Canada

Babak Esfandiari babak at sce.carleton.ca
Thu Jan 11 19:01:20 EST 2024

I am looking to hire a PhD or a postdoc in the application of the
Belief-Desire-Intention (BDI) paradigm to autonomous mobile robots and
vehicles. With my team of students, we are looking mainly into:
- enhancing the ability of agent frameworks to handle reasoning with
uncertainty;
- supporting the developer's task with code generation and enhanced
explainability of the agent's behavior;
- evaluating tradeoffs using realistic case studies.

More detail can be found in the following recent publications:

M. Vezina, B. Esfandiari, “Epistemic Reasoning in Jason”, in Proceedings
of AAMAS’22

P. Gavigan, B. Esfandiari, “Agent in a Box: A Framework for Autonomous
Mobile Robots with Beliefs, Desires, and Intentions”, Special Issue
“Intelligent Control of Mobile Robotics” of Electronics, MDPI, 2021,
10(17), 2136

My lab is situated at Carleton University, in Ottawa, Canada. Candidates
interested in applying can send me an email with an expression of
interest and a CV.

Babak Esfandiari, Professor,
Department of Systems and Computer Engineering,
Carleton University,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
email: babak at sce.carleton.ca