[agents] JOBS: 2 x PDRA Posts in Benchmarking Large Language Models, University of Oxford

Michael Wooldridge michael.john.wooldridge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 06:23:28 EDT 2023

2 x PDRA Posts in Benchmarking Large Language Models

University of Oxford, UK

Grade 7: Salaries in the range of £35,308 - £43,155 per annum

Deadline:       ** 12 noon on Monday, 24th April 2023. **

https://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/news/2149-full.html

The Department of Computer Science seeks to employ two postdoctoral
researchers to work on a project in the area of foundation
models/large language models, under the direction of Professors
Michael Wooldridge and Nigel Shadbolt. The posts are full-time, fixed
term positions, tenable immediately, and will be available for a
period of 3 years. The posts are funded by a project from the Alan
Turing Institute, London.

The project aims to (i) further develop our understanding of how to
benchmark the capabilities of foundation models/large language models
like ChatGPT; and (ii) develop our understanding of the specific
capabilities of these models in classic AI problems such as
commonsense reasoning, theory of mind, value-based reasoning, and
problem solving. The positions will be based within the Department’s
offices in central Oxford.  Candidates will be expected to have a PhD
(or be close to completion) in AI or be able to demonstrate a research
track record in a related subject. The primary selection criteria will
be relevant research experience and publication track record. Both
posts are offered at Grade 7.

All applicants must complete an application form and submit a CV and
supporting statement.

The closing date for applications is:

            ** 12 noon on Monday, 24th April 2023. **

Details of how to apply may be found here:

            https://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/news/2149-full.html

Interviews are expected to be held in late April or in early May.

We are a Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Living Wage and holding an Athena
Swan Bronze Award, HR excellence in Research and Race Equality Charter
Bronze Award.

Our staff and students come from all over the world and we proudly
promote a friendly and inclusive culture. Diversity is positively
encouraged, through diversity groups and champions, as well as a
number of family-friendly policies, such as the right to apply for
flexible working and support for staff returning from periods of
extended absence, for example shared parental leave.

Demonstrating a commitment to provide equality of opportunity. We
would particularly welcome applications from women and black and
minority ethnic applicants who are currently under-represented within
the Computer Science Department. All applicants will be judged on
merit, according to the selection criteria.