[agents] Special issue on Hybid Human-Artificial Intelligence in JAIR

Myrthe Tielman M.L.Tielman at tudelft.nl
Mon Jan 23 04:22:28 EST 2023

We are happy to announce that the special issue on Hybid Human-Artificial Intelligence in the Journal of AI Research (JAIR) is now open for submission.

Hybrid Human-Artificial Intelligence is the field focusing on the study of artificial intelligent systems that cooperate synergistically, proactively and purposefully with humans, amplifying instead of replacing human intelligence. The field is driven by current developments in AI, but also requires fundamentally new approaches and solutions. Specifically, we need collaboration with areas such as HCI, cognitive and social sciences, philosophy & ethics, complex systems, and others.

We invite scholars to submit novel research focusing on the intersection of human and artificial intelligence to this special track, which aims to emphasize the need for adaptive, collaborative, responsible, interactive and human-centered intelligent systems.

Further information about relevant topics and paper types can be found at: https://www.jair.org/index.php/jair/SpecialTrack-HHAI .

Deadline for submission is May 15. Contents of the special track will be made available as articles are accepted.

On behalf of the editorial team:
Ana Paiva, Frans Oliehoek, Maria Perez-Ortiz, Myrthe Tielman, Wendy MacKay