[Fwd: DAML-S/OWL-S 0.9 Beta Release and New DAML-S Web Pages]

tim finin (finin@cs.umbc.edu)
Thu, 08 May 2003 01:00:37 -0400

ot off the press...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: DAML-S/OWL-S 0.9 Beta Release and New DAML-S Web Pages
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:51:11 -0700
From: David Martin <martin@ai.sri.com>
To: daml-all@daml.org

Announcing two DAML-S updates
=============================

DAML-S 0.9 Beta Release
-----------------------
A new version of DAML-S/OWL-S, version 0.9, is now available in "beta
release" here:

     http://www.daml.org/services/daml-s/0.9/

This release will be labelled as "Beta" for 2 - 3 weeks, during which
time we will finalize several files and make any minor corrections that
are identified.

In this release, we are providing parallel sets of ontology and example
files in DAML+OIL and in OWL. (Many thanks to Bijan Parsia for
providing the translations to OWL.) The Grounding subontology has been
extended to allow for more general and flexible use with a wider variety
of WSDL-enabled services, and a number of minor improvements have been
made to the Process subontology and the code examples. In addition, new
Web pages have been created, for Use cases, Code examples, and Tools,
and will be populated over time with contributions from the DAML-S user
community.

New DAML-S Website design
-------------------------

The DAML-S Web site has been redesigned, by Terry Payne, to provide
improved resources and facilities for sharing resources across the
DAML-S community. The new site includes details on:

* Coalition Publications
* Press Releases and Event News
* A Tool archive
* A Repository for Examples, Service Description fragments etc
* Suggested use cases
* Community publications
* Links to the WS Mailing List Archive

The location of the DAML-S home page is still:

        http://www.daml.org/services/

For this site to work, we need tools, examples, use-cases, DAML-S
related papers, etc to share. If there are any resources that would be
of use to members of the DAML-S community, then please share these by
mailing details to the Mailing List (www-ws@w3.org) or submitting them
to the DAML-S site. Submission is currently email based; but an
automated (and web-services based, naturally) interface should be
available soon.

Regards,
David Martin & Terry Payne
for the DAML-S Coalition

--
--
  Tim Finin, Prof Computer Science & Elect Eng, Univ of Maryland,