DAML question

csaba1 (csaba1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 5 May 2003 13:27:19 -0400

Does anybody know if it is possible to create an instance that is an instance
of more than one class (in DAML or OWL)?
For example I would like to create an instance that is of type "Goose" and
also of type "Wild". I know I can create a class called "WildGoose" that is
the subclass of both "Goose" and "Wild" and create the instance from that, but
it would be nicer to do it directly with the instance (and avoid a
proliferation of classes).
Also in some cases creating a class is not an option or makes no sense. Like
if I want the instance to be of type "Goose" and of type "ForegroundObject",
creating a class called "ForegroundGooseObject" is rather silly.

If not anybody has a better idea on how to do this? Can I create an anonymous
class from the two classes and create the instance from that?

Csaba