Transitive closure

anjali1 (anjali1@umbc.edu)
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:09:23 -0500

Hello Class,
        The transitive closure relation works perfect. The only mistake that
some of you might be making must be defining the transitive closure predicate
first, then declaring the parent/2 predicate as :-hilog parent, followed by
the ancestor relation. I too made the same mistake.
        However the correct method is to first declare the parent/2 predicate
as hilog using :-hilog parent , followed by the generic transitive closure
relation and in the end the ancestor relation. The thing of essence here is
the order. If that is correct, then we do not have any problems.
        Hope this helps.
Byebye,
Anjali.