[agents] 2nd CFP: Maritime Capture the Flag Competition - AAMAS'24 (Qualifying Round Ends: April 5 '24)

Dasgupta, Prithviraj CIV USN NRL WASHINGTON DC (USA) prithviraj.dasgupta.civ at us.navy.mil
Fri Mar 8 08:48:54 EST 2024

2ND CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: Maritime Capture the Flag (MCTF) Competition at AAMAS 2024

Dear Agents Community,

We have received considerable interest and inquiries about the Maritime Capture the Flag (MCTF) Competition at AAMAS 2024 since its announcement last month. If you are working or generally interested in the areas of MARL, game-playing AI and related topics, we encourage you to consider participating in this competition.

The competition involves programming a team of agents via multi-agent reinforcement learning (MARL) to play a Capture-the-Flag game. Brief information about the competition problem is given below; detailed information is available on the competition Website at: https://sites.google.com/view/mctf2024

To help participants familiarize with the programming, we have included a brief tutorial and sample code written in Python and RLlib for training and evaluating a team of two agents to play a 2-v-2 MCTF game on the competition Website.

Questions: mctf2024-at-gmail-dot-com
Slack channel (for help, discussions, Q&A, known issues, etc): https://maritimecaptu-8dc6606.slack.com<https://maritimecaptu-8dc6606.slack.com/>
================
Competition Problem
================
Capture the Flag is a commonly played team-game involving two opposing teams. Each team's objective is to capture the opponent's flag, while preventing the opponent from capturing the team's flag. We consider a Maritime Capture-the-Flag (MCTF) game where the players are autonomous marine vehicles. The objective of the MCTF competition at AAMAS 2024 is to program three agents that can play the MCTF game as a team against a 3-player opponent team, while maximizing their team's score, within a real-time simulation of a maritime gaming environment. Submissions will be evaluated against three difficulty levels of opponent teams provided by the competition organizers during the qualifying rounds. During the final round, top performing submission entries from the qualifying rounds will play a round robin competition against each other. Competition winners will be announced at the MCTF competition meeting at AAMAS.

Timeline:
=======
Qualifying Rounds (online): February 5 - April 5, 2024
Notification to Finalists: April 8, 2024
Final Round (online): April 22-26, 2024
Winner Announcements and half-day meeting: May 6-10, 2024 (located at AAMAS in Auckland, NZ; exact day to be finalized)

Organizers:
=========
John Kliem, U. S. Naval Research Laboratory (main POC)
Prithviraj (Raj) Dasgupta, U. S. Naval Research Laboratory
Michael (Misha) Novitzky, U. S. Military Academy, West Point
Michael Benjamin, MIT
Zachary Serlin, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Edward Pottrill, Defence Science & Technology Lab (DSTL), UK
David Hubczenko, Defence Science & Technology Group (DSTG), Australia
Jordan Beason, U. S. Military Academy, West Point