[agents] Job Openings: Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational Social Choice / Algorithmic Game Theory at UNSW Sydney

Haris Aziz haris.aziz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 22:47:46 EDT 2023

Dear all,

We have COMSOC / AGT postdoc openings at UNSW Sydney. Please see below and
share with talented PhDs with relevant experience.

***

Postdoc openings in Computational Social Choice / Algorithmic Game Theory /
Economics & Computation at the Algorithmic Decision Theory Group at UNSW
Sydney (one of the top 20 universities in the QS World University Rankings)

The Opportunity

The School of Computer Science and Engineering has an opportunity for a
Postdoctoral Fellow. You will be working on a NSF/CSIRO-funded project
on “*Fair
Sequential Collective Decision-Making*” that is led at UNSW by Associate
Professor Haris Aziz and Professor Toby Walsh.

This position will give you the opportunity to develop your scholarly
research and professional activities both nationally and internationally
through your contributions to the writing of scientific papers and reports
for international journals, your participation in conferences and
workshops, and your active engagement with industry partners.

This role reports to Associate Professor Haris Aziz and has no direct
reports.

·       Fixed-term contract – 3 years

·       Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia

About UNSW

UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation
with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary
things. But what makes us different isn’t only what we do, it’s how we do
it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in
all we do. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do
meaningful work, you’re in the right place.

The School of Computer Science and Engineering is one of the largest and
most prestigious schools of computing in Australia. It offers undergraduate
programmes in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
and Bioinformatics, as well as a number of combined degrees with other
disciplines. Our research and teaching staff are world leading and world
building as they advance knowledge and learning. For more information on
our school go to the following link -
https://www.unsw.edu.au/engineering/our-schools/computer-science-and-engineering

Skills and Experience

·       PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Computational Social Choice /
Algorithmic Game Theory / Economics & Computation / Algorithmic Market
Design or related area.

·       Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited
supervision.

·       Demonstrated track record of publications and conference
presentations relative to opportunity.

·       Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across
disciplines and build effective relationships.

·       Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to
communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.

·       An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and
values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.

·       Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety
policies and procedures.

Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this position
can be found in the position description.

To Apply: Please click at this link
<https://external-careers.jobs.unsw.edu.au/cw/en/job/517989/postdoctoral-fellow-in-computational-social-choice-algorithmic-game-theory>
and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and
Experience. You
should systematically address the Skills and Experience listed within the
position description in your application.

Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed
below.

Contact:

Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant

E: eugene.aves at unsw.edu.au

Applications close: 30 Jul 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time

UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a
diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a
safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds
and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual
orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres
Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring
and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people
with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.