[agents] Postdoctoral Research Associate Position

Stacy Marsella stacymarsella at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:15:02 EDT 2022

We are looking to hire a postdoctoral research associate to join a group working on human nonverbal behavior and in particular gesture for multimodal human-agent interaction. The post holder will research and computationally model human nonverbal behaviour, apply the resulting model to the design of virtual humans and evaluate the designs in human subject studies. The effort will specifically research the relation in human face-to-face interaction between participants’ utterances, mental states and their nonverbal behaviour. The work will explore new data-driven approaches to acquiring models of that relation, programming that model in a virtual human and experimentally evaluating its impact in interactions between humans and virtual humans. Critically, candidates should have experience in computationally modeling nonverbal behaviour and in developing machine learning techniques.

This post is full time with funding up to 30 November 2023.
We are open to a discussion around the location of the role.

Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Stacy Marsella, via email : Stacy.Marsella at glasgow.ac.uk <mailto:Stacy.Marsella at glasgow.ac.uk>

Apply online at : https://my.corehr.com/pls/uogrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=088708 <https://my.corehr.com/pls/uogrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=088708>
Closing date: 12 July 2022

It is the University of Glasgow’s mission to foster an inclusive climate, which ensures equality in our working, learning, research and teaching environment.
We strongly endorse the principles of Athena SWAN <http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/>, including a supportive and flexible working environment, with commitment from all levels of the organisation in promoting gender equity.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401. (edited)

University of Glasgow - MyGlasgow - Human Resources - Equality & Diversity - Athena SWAN <http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/>
Athena SWAN Charter