[agents] Fantastic MASs and where to find them: call to contribute to a public repo of MASs, frameworks & libraries

Viviana Mascardi viviana.mascardi at unige.it
Fri Jun 3 05:45:22 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

we kindly ask the support of the community to collect publicly available
software developed inside our research area -- frameworks for building
MASs, add-ons and extensions of such frameworks, implemented MASs --
into a single public repository aimed at sharing practical research
results and creating a benchmark available to every researcher
interested in MASs.

If you developed a MAS development framework, a tool/add on/library etc
for an existing one -- for example JADE, JaCaMo, NetLogo, etc -- or a
complex MAS (more complex than a toy example), you are invited to fill
this form https://forms.office.com/r/ZGx1gKFtR4 by June 30th, 2022.

You may fill it for each product you want to share with us.

Via this “survey from the contributors” we aim at:

--  Collecting a large set of publicly available MASs to create a shared
benchmark of MASs to be used by colleagues working in the
(agent-oriented) software engineering, runtime verification, code
analysis areas, etc. Making the source code available to the community
would made your contribution of larger interest, but a compiled code is
also precious. Since testing new tools/approaches is usually difficult
because of the lack of third parties MASs, creating a shared repository
might help addressing this problem and might simplify the verification
and validation phases requested by high level publication venues.
Furthermore, concrete implementations of MASs solving real problems are
often hard to be shared among the community, even if they are extremely
precious and valuable: we also hope to help in making these
contributions more visible and to describe those resources in a paper.

--  Performing an analysis of the large set of MAS development and
simulation frameworks along with their add ons, libraries, extensions,
and making them also available in the public repository; we plan to
collect the results of our "survey from the contributors" in a paper
that might be used as a starting point for the anaysis of the state of
the art.

The contribution that you will share should have a licence that allows
it to be shared with the community and be publicly available on the web:
for tools/add on/frameworks we will store and share the link to the
original repository and the information you provided, while, as far as
MASs are concerned, we plan to re-share their code into the repository
(upon your permission, whithout changing it in any way, and with the
possibility for you to revoke the permission to re-share in any moment),
with a clear acknowledge of the source and authors. Including a link to
your MAS code without re-sharing it will be of course possible.

In the future, the contents of the public repo might also feed the
existing AI4EU platform, https://www.ai4europe.eu/, with the agreement
of the contributors, to make them even more visible.

Thank you for your help, and feel free to contact us for any question!

Best regards,

Daniela Briola, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy
(daniela.briola at unimib.it)
Angelo Ferrando, University of Genova, Italy (angelo.ferrando at unige.it)
Viviana Mascardi, University of Genova, Italy (viviana.mascardi at unige.it)

--
#UniGenonsiferma

Please note that, while it may happen that I send messages during week-ends/evenings, I do not expect that people read emails outside office hours