[agents] [Call for Participation] IEEE INFOCOM 2022 (Virtual) 2-5 May 2022

Li Ruidong ruidongli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 03:28:20 EDT 2022

*** Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call
for participation***

The IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM)
is a top ranked conference on communications and networking. It is a major
conference for researchers to present significant and innovative
technologies and exchange ideas in the field of networking and related
areas.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and following the advice and guidelines from
healthcare officials and local authorities, this year IEEE INFOCOM will be
held virtually on May 2-5, 2022. The conference will feature a cutting-edge
technical program including 1 keynote, 1 panel, 11 workshops, 224 papers, 4
demo sessions, and 4 poster sessions. We are pleased to announce the
program (https://infocom2022.ieee-infocom.org/) and the following excellent
keynote.

Please join us online to learn about the latest research, innovations and
insights from the experts in the field at the INFOCOM 2022 virtual
conference.

Sincerely,
Shiwen Mao, General Chair, and Tom Hou, Executive Chair,
on behalf of the INFOCOM 2022 Organizing Committee

Keynote Title: Mind the App!
Speaker: Hari Balakrishnan (MIT, USA)
Abstract: This talk reflects on how networking research ideas originate,
and in particular how mine have originated. More so than technology trends,
operational know-how, or close attention to weaknesses in the
state-of-the-art, much of my research has been inspired by interesting
applications. I will talk about how this has been both fruitful and
exciting, and hope it will inspire others, especially students, to pay
close attention to apps and users and use them as a driver of interesting
and impactful research in networked systems.