[agents] Call for papers: International Conference on Hybrid Human-Artificial Intelligence (HHAI)

Pernisch, R. r.pernisch at vu.nl
Mon Jan 31 06:22:42 EST 2022

Call for papers
Hybrid Human-Artificial Intelligence (HHAI)
June 13-17 2022, Amsterdam

Hybrid Human-Artificial Intelligence (HHAI) is the first international
conference
focusing on the study of Artificial Intelligent systems that cooperate
synergistically,
proactively and purposefully with humans, amplifying instead of
replacing human intelligence.
HHAI aims for AI systems that assist humans and vice versa, emphasizing
the need for adaptive,
collaborative, responsible, interactive and human-centered intelligent
systems that leverage
human strengths and compensate for human weaknesses, while taking into
account social, ethical
and legal considerations. This field of study is driven by current
developments in AI, but
also requires fundamentally new approaches and solutions. In addition,
we need collaboration
with areas such as HCI, cognitive and social sciences, philosophy &
ethics, complex systems,
and others. In this first international conference, we invite scholars
from these fields to
submit their best original, new as well as in progress, visionary and
existing work on
Hybrid Human-Artificial Intelligence.

We welcome research on the different challenges in Hybrid
Human-Artificial Intelligence. The
following list of topics is illustrative, not exhaustive.

* Human-AI interaction and collaboration
* Adaptive human-AI co-learning and co-creation
* Learning, reasoning and planning with humans and machines in the loop
* User modelling and personalisation
* Integration of learning and reasoning
* Transparent, explainable and accountable AI
* Fair, ethical, responsible and trustworthy AI
* Societal awareness of AI
* Multimodal machine perception of real world settings
* Social signal processing

We welcome contributions about all types of technology, from robots and
conversational agents
to multi-agent systems and machine learning models.

This first edition of Hybrid Human-Artificial Intelligence is organized
by the Hybrid Intelligence
Centre (https://www.hybrid-intelligence-centre.nl/ ) and the Humane-AI
European Network
(https://www.humane-ai.eu/ ) .

Paper types

In this conference, we wish to stimulate the exchange of novel ideas and
interdisciplinary
perspectives. To do this, we will accept three different types of papers:

* Full papers present original, impactful work (12 pages excluding