[agents] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer University of Aberdeen

Norman, Dr Timothy J. F. t.j.norman at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Oct 8 08:12:31 EDT 2009

University of Aberdeen

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Computing Science
(equivalent to Assistant/Associate Professor)

Closing date: 19-Oct-2009
Salary range: £36,532-£52,086 per annum

We seek to expand our highly successful research activities by appointing a
new lecturer or senior lecturer. Applicants should have an excellent track
record of research with a strong publication record. Experience of
supervising postgraduate research students and a track record of obtaining
external funding to support research are desirable. The research interests
of the applicant should enhance and complement our existing activities in
Intelligent Systems: Knowledge Technologies, Intelligent Agents, Natural
Language Generation, and Computational Analysis and Modelling. The
successful candidate will be expected to work with colleagues in one or more
of these research themes, but also to have the ambition to develop new areas
of strength for the Department. We strongly encourage cross-theme research
collaboration as well as inter-disciplinary research, and interest in
engaging with the £12.4M RCUK Digital Economy Research Hub at Aberdeen
(www.digital-rural.org) would be desirable. There will be a requirement to
contribute to teaching and supervision at any level.

In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 70% of Computing Science
research at Aberdeen was assessed to be world leading and internationally
excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour (20% at 4* and
50% at 3*), with 100% of our research being internationally recognised.  A
quarter of our research publications submitted as part of this exercise were
considered to be of the highest quality (4*).

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs/display.php?recordid=COM003AX

Informal enquiries should be made to Professor Tim Norman,
(t.j.norman at abdn.ac.uk).

--
Professor Timothy J. Norman
Head of Computing Science (Research)