tutorials on RDF and OWL...

tim finin (finin@cs.umbc.edu)
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 22:57:22 -0400

Roger Costello and David Jacob of MITRE have created
three tutorials on the semantic web languages RDF, RDFS
and OWL, which are available for download:

    - "XML Design (A Gentle Transition from XML to RDF)"
      http://www.xfront.com/rdf/
    - "Inferring and Discovering Relationships using RDF Schemas"
       http://www.xfront.com/rdf-schema/
    - "OWL Web Ontology Language"
      http://www.xfront.com/owl/

The tutorials are in the form of powerpoint slides with
some accompanying files (e.g., xml examples, lab
exercises). I think they are a very good way to understand
the details of these languages. The examples used are original
and complement other examples I have seen. I recommend them.